MADI: The A32pro comes with two redundant MADI SFP ports (64 fully routable channels). Any combination of optical and/or BNC SFP modules can be used. The device ships with a single optical Multimode I/O module, supporting 64 channels at 48 kHz.
ADAT: 2 x 4 TOSLINK ports – port 4 switchable to SPDIF – can convert all 32 analog I/Os.
The A32pro provides a Word Clock I/O and a classic MIDI I/O for embedding signals and remote control of the unit. On top of it: GPIO, intuitive one-knob control, Preset Management, Panel Lock and a powerful cross-format routing matrix (see below). The A32pro series can also operate as a highly flexible digital audio signal router.
Additionally, two headphone outputs on the front and an analog stereo output on the back can be used to monitor any channel, sending it to several destinations.
All in all the fan-less, small footprint Smart Converter & Routing system is a huge problem solver for studio and live sound applications. The efficiency puzzle for live, studio and broadcast is solved – finally.
MADI I/O (AES10)
Dual SFP Slots for MADI: Multimode or Singlemode SFP module as
default configuration, optional second SFP module optional
- 64 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 32 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 32 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz*
* both MADI ports are used to achieve full 32+32 channel transmission Support of MIDI over MADI.
Latency: 3 samples Redundancy: Automatic switching between optical <-> coax MADI when signal lost.
Analog Inputs (AD)
Latest generation of Analog / Digital Converters from ESS Tech.
4 x DSub25 (Tascam format)
Digital gain: +20dBu … -8 dBu, 1dB steps
OpAmps: OPA1604 / OPA1664
TFT screen, 28 levels
- 2 x ¼” (6.3mm) TRS jack, stereo with HQ amp section and dedicated DAC path.
- Provides an independent stereo channel.
- Selectable mono/stereo or M/S decoded source of all inputs and outputs.
- Digitally controlled volume level.
4+4 optical interfaces (8 channels each with 48 kHz)
- 32 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 16 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- n/a @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
Latency: 3 samples
- 4x General Purpose Inputs for switching Presets #1-4.
- 4x General Purpose Outputs for monitoring Lock/Power/MADI/Temp alerts.
- 2 x 1/8″ (3.5mm) TRS connector for remote control
- Conversion MIDI <> MIDI-over-MADI possible
MIDI 2.0 pinout
BNC: 1 x input, 1 x output
75 Ohm Termination switchable for input
- 12V, 3A
- 2 x input jacks with screw lock for redundant power.
- Voltage supervision, warning message on screen when PSU input fails
- Internal resettable polyfuse
- 1 x Power Supply included, second PSU optional
1 x USB 2.0 for Remote/Updates
- 192 kHz operation (S/MUX up to 192kHz).
- GPIO Port for remote preset switching and alert monitoring
- DSP Plugin-ready
- A/D and D/A converters with switchable filters
- Dual Headphone output for easy monitoring
- MIDI over MADI Preset Management
- Extensive routing/mixing possibilities.
- Redundancy (MADI I/O, Power Supplies).
- Temperature compensated oscillator, with high accuracy.
- Initial accuracy: +/-1.5ppm
- Over temperature range: +/-2.5ppm
- Aging: +/-1ppm
- Digitally controlled PLL / Jitter reduction system
- Output jitter: 50ps … 100ps typ.
- 4 x TFT Multitouch Screen User Interface
- Two-layer illuminated touch-sensitive high resolution encoder
- Highly intuitive control of the unit
Audio Core Processor
- SHARC ADSP-2148x series DSP
- Routing and processing of of all 384 audio channels.
- Source to headphone output.
- Calculation of of upcoming audio processing algorithms.
- 1RU, fanless design
- Depth: 31cm (12.6”) (including connectors)
4.1kg (9 lbs)
41°F up to 113°F (+5°C up to +45°C)