The latest Plug and Play technology guarantees a simple installation, even for the inexperienced user. Numerous unique features as well as RME's robust drivers enable a quick, efficient and comfortable operation of the Digiface USB. Its small size, weight and bus-powered operation make the Digiface USB extremely versatile and useful. It could even serve as simple headphone amp for mobile use.
The Digiface USB is an extremely compact & portable digital audio interface with 4 optical ADAT / SPDIF I/Os, and an analog high-quality line/phones output via 6.3 mm TRS jack. Continuing the legacy of RME‘s famous HDSP Digiface, a triple ADAT I/O interface with phones and PCI interface, Digiface USB simplifies connection with USB 2, does not need an external power supply, and even adds another optical I/O, resulting in 32 channels input and output each when using ADAT optical.
The analog output hosts channels 33/34, and can be used freely thanks to TotalMix FX, RME‘s routing and monitoring solution that knows nearly no limits in routing and mixing (the Digiface USB does not include FX).
Each single optical port can use either ADAT (up to 8 channels) or SPDIF (stereo). While the inputs adapt automatically to the received signal format, the outputs can be individually switched between ADAT and SPDIF operation. Supported are SMUX and SMUX4. Therefore at 192 kHz either 8 channels via 4 x SPDIF or ADAT are possible on both inputs and outputs.
Here are some typical applications for TotalMix:
- Setting up delay-free submixes (headphone mixes). The Digiface USB allows for up to 17 fully independent stereo submixes. On an analog mixing desk, this would equal 34 Aux sends.
- Unlimited routing of inputs and outputs (free utilisation, patchbay functionality).
- Distributing signals to several outputs at a time. TotalMix offers state-of-the-art splitter and distributor functions.
- Simultaneous playback of different programs via a single stereo output. The ASIO multiclient driver supports the usage of several programs at the same time. When done on different playback channels TotalMix provides the means to mix and monitor these on a single stereo output.
- Mixing of the input signal to the playback signal (complete ASIO Direct Monitoring). RME not only is the pioneer of ADM, but also offers the most complete implementation of the ADM functions.
- Integration of external devices. Use TotalMix to insert external effects devices, be it in the playback or in the record path. Depending on the current application, the functionality equals insert or effects send and effects return, for example as used during real-time monitoring when adding some reverb to the vocals.
Every single input channel, playback channel and hardware output features a Peak and RMS level meter, calculated in hardware. These level displays are very useful to determine the presence and routing destinations of the audio signals.
- Inputs:4 x ADAT/SPDIF
- Outputs:4 x ADAT/SPDIF / 1 x Phones TRS Stereo 6.3 mm
- Clock modes: Internal, ADAT In, SPDIF In
- Sample rates: 28 kHz up to 200 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter
- TotalMix: 2244 channel mixer with 46-bit internal resolution
- TotalMix: latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Interface: USB 2.0, bus-powered
- Comes with DIGICheck, RME's ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool