Articulations include staccato, sustained, marcato, legato and sforzato, all played without mutes and with mutes (except for the Wagner tuba ensemble and the low brass ensemble that are played without mutes only).
Individual Microphones – Individual Access
While every note was played by a well-rehearsed ensemble of four brass players, each instrument was recorded separately. Still, they sound like an ensemble and not like four soloists. Since all the recorded instruments are available separately, you may change sound characteristics, player position, volume, and performance accuracy and switch between any number of musicians of the ensemble, from the principal, to single desks, to all four players.
Even the best musicians never play in perfect unison; slight imperfections in pitch and timing, as well as different timbres and dynamics create a lively, beautiful ensemble sound. When playing as a group, musicians continually adapt to each other, and their interactions within the ensemble reveal the “magic” of a live performance.
VI Special Edition Vol. 6 comes with the free Vienna Instruments player. When you use the Dimension Brass patches with the Vienna Instruments Pro player and its Auto Humanization feature, all of these nuances and variations are created automatically while simply playing the keyboard. You may control the performance accuracy in real-time, at the single touch of a fader – from subtle tuning and timing variations to heavy cluster effects! What’s more, the auto-divisi mode lets you easily split voices as you play.
You may expand the brass ensembles of the VI Special Edition Vol. 6 with additional articulations by upgrading to the large Collections Vienna Dimension Brass I and Vienna Dimension Brass II at favorable upgrade prices.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 8 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard