RoomPack 6 features spatial models of our newly revitalized scoring stage, Synchron Stage Vienna.
The historic facility was originally built in the 1940s, adjacent to Rosenhügel-Filmstudios as part of “Film City Vienna”. Until 1955, numerous film scores were recorded in the main hall (Stage A) that is large enough to accommodate a 130 piece orchestra. During the 1960s, eminent classical artists such as Karl Böhm, Herbert von Karajan, Yehudi Menuhin, Sviatoslav Richter and Mstislav Rostropovich chose the outstanding acoustics of this former “Synchronhalle” for their now-legendary recordings. The Vienna Symphonic Library took over the massive building in 2013 and renovated it in collaboration with the renowned Walters-Storyk Design Group and architects Schneider+Schumacher. In its fist year of operation, Stage A hosted film music recordings for productions such as Inferno, The Crown, Lego Batman, Ghost in a Shell, in addition to several video games, commercials, classical recordings and many others.
The facility’s 540 m2 (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall has a trapezoidal floor plan and a height of 10.5 – 12 m (34.5 – 40 ft.). The colossal room-in-room construction stands out with an exceptionally low noise-floor of 16 dBA, even with the air conditioner running. Stage A features a reverb time of 1.6 to 1.8 seconds, and in contrast to other scoring stages, there is no masking effect on the low frequencies. It is characterized by a lush and warm sound, while at the same time providing excellent localization, both in depth and in the stereo panorama.
Hosting RoomPack 6, Vienna MIR Pro and MIR Pro 24 accurately represent this wonderful, vibrant hall from two different angles, providing two typical main microphone positions for longitudinal and transverse orchestra seatings. A total of 6,000 Impulse Responses was captured to provide the complete acoustic impression of Synchron Stage Vienna’s main hall.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest Update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.10 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.10 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard