Four Woodwind Ensembles
The woodwind sections of the Big Bang Orchestra are available in two modules. BBO: Orion offers four separate ensembles of flutes, oboes, clarinets and bassoons, with three musicians playing in unison in each ensemble. Taking a different approach, BBO: Neptune includes “tutti” recordings of 13 woodwind instruments, from the piccolo to the contrabassoon, all playing together.
For each ensemble, all three musicians performed together and were recorded together with an array of microphones, including individual close mics for each ensemble, mid mics, Decca tree (left - center - right), surround and high surround outriggers.
All ensembles include a wealth of articulations, with a special focus on the beautifully performed legatos that are available in two variations, regular and espressivo. Other playing techniques include short notes, long notes, repetitions, espressivo, soft swells, sforzando, sforzatissimo, crescendos, flutter tongues (for flutes and clarinets) and fast repetitions. These are available in three tempos (120, 140, 160 bpm) but they can always be synced to your host tempo using the Synchron Player’s time-stretch feature.
The woodwinds of BBO: Orion are completely new recordings that can be seamlessly combined with the tutti recordings of the other Big Bang Orchestra modules to add even more and varied colors. As always, the Synchron Player offers mixer presets that blend perfectly well with all the other BBO sections and ensembles. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Distorted Delays” and many more.
Big Bang Orchestra: Orion - Sample Content
Big Bang Orchestra: Orion
- 4 woodwind ensembles, 3 musicians each: flutes, oboes, clarinets, bassoons
- Short notes, bold and agile
- Sustained, marcato, espressivo
- Sforzato regular and with subsequent swell, swells short and long, and soft swells
- Flutter tonguing (flutes and clarinets only)
- Fast repetitions, staccato at 120/140/160 BPM
Big Bang Orchestra: Orion - System Requirements
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 20.2 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard