13 Woodwinds – One Ensemble
The woodwind sections of the Big Bang Orchestra are available in two modules. BBO: Neptune includes “tutti” recordings of all 13 woodwind instruments that correspond exactly to the ones included in the Big Bang Orchestra modules, where the entire orchestra is playing at once, e.g., Andromeda, Black Eye and Capricorn. Taking a different approach, BBO: Orion offers four separate ensembles of flutes, oboes, clarinets and bassoons, with three musicians playing together in each ensemble.
In Big Bang Orchestra: Neptune, the “tutti” ensemble of all the woodwinds brings together 13 musicians with their diverse instruments, from the piccolo to the contrabassoon. Recording the rich and colorful sound of these heterogeneous instruments as a group is ideal for showcasing the delicate balance and blend of the entire woodwind choir, particularly when employing Vienna’s finest players. Here’s a list of all instruments that contribute to BBO: Neptune’s tutti sound:
1 English horn
|2 Clarinets in Bb|
1 Bass clarinet
Via key switching you have the option to remove the piccolo and its clearly audible high tone from the tutti sound, if you wish.
The included articulations with up to three velocity layers correspond to those of the other tutti BBO modules such as Andromeda, with variations of short notes, long notes, repetitions, espressivo, soft swells, sforzando, sforzatissimo, crescendos, flutter tongues, trills and fast repetitions.
The woodwinds of BBO: Neptune are completely new recordings that can be seamlessly combined with the tutti recordings of the other Big Bang Orchestra modules to add even more and varied colors. As always, the Synchron Player offers a wide variety of mixer presets that blend perfectly well with all the other BBO sections and ensembles. In addition, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Howling Woods”, “Outer Space Woods” and more.
Big Bang Orchestra: Neptune - Sample Content
Big Bang Orchestra: Neptune
- 1 Piccolo, 3 Flutes, 2 Oboes, 1 English horn, 2 Clarinets in Bb, 1 Bass clarinet, 2 Bassoons, 1 Contrabassoon
- Short notes, bold and agile
- Sustained, marcato, espressivo
- Sforzato, sforzatissimo, swells short and long, soft swells
- Flutter tonguing, half and whole tone trills
- Fast repetitions, staccato at 120/140/160 BPM
Big Bang Orchestra: Neptune - System Requirements
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 7.5 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard