The city of Vienna has always been famous for its exquisite string players and their fine instruments. On our own scoring stage, the low string sections of the Synchron Stage Orchestra form a marvelous symbiosis with the large hall “Stage A” to create a beautiful string sound that provides a well-rounded low end for the entire Big Bang Orchestra.
Recording six cellos and four basses playing together in octaves creates a homogenous, well-balanced sound, as the musicians adjust their intonation, tone color, phrasing and vibrato instantly and instinctively with each other. It’s this exceptional coherency that makes these string performances so special and guarantees a beautiful, balanced timbre.
The library comes with exactly the same articulations as BBO: Lyra, offering variations of short notes, long notes with two vibrato intensities, legatos, espressivo, sfz, sffz, crescendos and diminuendos, tremolos, fast repetitions, half tone and whole tone trills, half tone and whole tone slides up and down (glissandos), and pizzicatos. As with all libraries powered by the Synchron Player, the tempo of all articulations, e.g., repetitions and glissandos, can be easily adjusted using the integrated time stretch feature. Special patches let you combine the low strings of Lyra with the high strings of Musca, either by layering the two ensembles over the entire keyboard or by using a split point at C3.
The string performances of BBO: Musca are completely new recordings that blend perfectly well with the tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra. The included mixer presets deliver a perfect sound out-of-the-box that integrates seamlessly with all the other modules of the series. Room Mixes feature an excellent blend of overhead Decca tree mics and surround mics mixed to a stereo signal that’s light on CPU and RAM. Other Mixer Presets offer a combination of mic signals that you can adjust to your needs and liking, masterfully crafted by Synchron Stage Vienna’s Chief Recording Engineer, Bernd Mazagg. These include “Stereo Decca Tree” and “Surround to Stereo” that feed the surround mics to the stereo signal for a richer and wider sound. Also included are “Surround” presets for 3D audio setups, as well as a “Processed” category with presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Strings”, “Howling Strings”, and many more.
Big Bang Orchestra: Musca - Sample Content
Big Bang Orchestra: Musca
- Short notes, bold and agile
- Sustained with light and strong vibrato, and espressivo
- Legato with light and strong vibrato, and espressivo
- Sforzato, sforzatissimo, swells short and long, soft and very soft swells, soft diminuendo
- Tremolo with normal and fast attack, half and whole tone trills
- Fast repetitions, staccato at 120/140/160 BPM
- Glissandos minor and major 2nd, up and down
Big Bang Orchestra: Musca - System Requirements
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 9.1 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard