Loud and Proud
As with all the brass libraries of our Big Bang Orchestra, the sound of this trumpet ensemble delivers the characteristic timbre you’re used to hearing in countless contemporary film scores. That’s why we recorded Bb trumpets with piston valves rather than instruments with rotary valves that are most common in Austrian orchestras.
This sought-after sound is created through a combination of highly skilled musicians with scores of scoring sessions under their belt, Synchron Stage Vienna’s large hall that emphasizes the characteristics of brass instruments, and expert miking by the facility’s chief recording engineer, Bernd Mazagg.
The library boasts a rich set of articulations, with up to five velocity layers, variations of short notes, marcatos, real legatos, several dynamic articulations (sfz, sffz, various crescendos and decrescendos), flutter tonguing, trills and fast repetitions.
The horns of BBO: Jupiter are completely new recordings that can be combined with the tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra to create an even brassier orchestral sound. The Synchron Player offers mixer presets that integrate seamlessly with all the other modules of the Big Bang Orchestra. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Trumpets”, “Outer Space Trumpets”, “Threatening Sustain” and more that correspond with the brass presets of Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules, Izar and Jupiter.
Big Bang Orchestra: Kopernikus - Sample Content
Big Bang Orchestra: Kopernikus
- Short notes, bold and agile
- Sustained regular, soft, marcato, and espressivo
- Legato regular, soft, and marcato
- Sforzato, sforzatissimo, swells short and long, soft and very soft swells, soft diminuendo
- Flutter tonguing
- Half and whole tone trills
- Fast repetitions, staccato at 120/140/160 BPM
Big Bang Orchestra: Kopernikus - System Requirements
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 4.96 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard