Synthogy Ivory II-American Concert D Download
Vintage 1951 Steinway Concert D Virtual Grand Piano. The choice of great artists around the world, brought to your fingertips through the power of the Ivory II engine.
Electronic Delivery - in a few hours or the next business day
In the rarified world of great concert artists, there are precious few instruments that leave a lasting impression upon the masters who played them. Ivory II American Concert D is one of those instruments.
This vintage 1951 New York Steinway D (CD 121) was chosen by the Steinway & Sons concert department for Steinway artist promotion. Throughout the years, the instrument has been lauded by some of the world’s greatest concert artists. Indeed, the plate of the piano is signed by Glenn Gould, Rudolf Serkin, and many others, as a testament to high praise by the world’s great masters.
Put your hands on it, and it’s not hard to see why. The instrument has an exceptionally clear and transparent sound, yet with a singing tone and mature beauty and resonance that can only be found on a concert instrument in this class. The recording took place in the Françoys-Bernier Concert Hall at Le Domaine Forget in the Charlevoix region of Quebec, the same hall where Ivory's acclaimed German Steinway was recorded. Reunited were master concert technician Michel Pedneau, performer/producer Joe Ierardi, and recording engineer, Mark Donahue of Soundmirror to capture every detail of this amazing instrument.
With a 49GB library, Ivory II American Concert D is the largest single piano in the Ivory family. This American Steinway possesses a naturally long sustain, which is captured in its entirety to the final decay, some of the notes ringing longer than two minutes. Also included are up to 20 velocity levels, with more soft pedal samples, and more release samples to capture more detail than any Ivory instrument before.
Ivory II American Concert D is powered by the award-winning Ivory II engine, and contains the full compliment of Ivory II’s features, foremost being our acclaimed Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the realization of true Sympathetic String Resonance. Custom designed by Synthogy DSP guru, George Taylor, this technology does not rely upon triggering additional samples or use ordinary sine waves. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings resonate in a real acoustic piano. Together with the new American Concert D samples, the results are simply stunning, the culmination of Synthogy’s most powerful technology, with our most advanced sampling techniques.
Ivory II American Concert D is a free-standing virtual instrument. No previous version of Ivory is required. Of course existing Ivory II owners will find that it installs quite readily into their current library. But whether this is your first introduction to Ivory II, or you are a long time Ivory owner, Ivory II American Concert D is a remarkable, must-have, instrument.
- 1951 New York Steinway D selected by Steinway & Sons for artist promotion
- Includes the Award-winning Ivory II piano engine
- 49GB Core Library
- Up to 20 Velocity Layers
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for True Sympathetic String Resonance
- Custom Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Pedal Noise Enhancements
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
- Una Corda (soft pedal) samples at multiple velocities
- Native 64 Bit Support
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ and Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultrasmooth
velocity and note transitions
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity
Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more
- Tuning Tables
- Dozens of new programs and effects presets
- Ivory II’s "unified interface" feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory's pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, two, or all four products, Ivory's intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from
one convenient interface
- 2.0 GHz Quad-Core CPU
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 49 GB free hard drive space
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
- DVD ROM drive for installation
- 2.4 GHz Quad-Core CPU"
- 2 GB RAM
- 49 GB free hard drive space
- iLok key optional with Ivory 2.5
- Any AU, AAX, RTAS, or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Standalone application.
- 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Any AAX, RTAS or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Cantabile application.
- Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) with Service Pack 1 or newer