Ethno Instrument Version 2 delivers expressive ethnic instrument sounds combined with authentic world music loops and phrases in one window. This massive 21GB library delivers all the exotic textures you need to take your recordings to the four corners of the globe.
Start with a huge library of multisample instruments from all over the world, recorded with pristine audio fidelity. Browse and search by category or geographic region. Now add hundreds of authentic loops and phrases, instantly tempo-locked to your host software time line. Slice loops with one click to trigger each beat from your keyboard, or drag & drop them directly into your host software tracks. Play authentic non-western tunings and scales using your favorite MIDI controller. Adjust sounds quickly with Ethno’s intuitive controls.
Convolution is a process where the characteristics of a real acoustic space are directly sampled, such as a cave, forest, canyon, theater, cathedral or concert hall. The resulting impulse response (IR) consists of an audio file that holds the actual sound decay characteristics of the acoustic space. By sophisticated signal processing, that impulse response can then be applied to the loops, phrases and instrument presets in Ethno Instrument, making them sound exactly as if it were being heard in the acoustic environment captured by the impulse response.
Convolution reverb is the most realistic type of reverb ever developed because it faithfully reproduces the actual characteristics of real acoustic spaces.
The Ethno Instrument provides a wide variety of convolution reverb spaces, plus 'fast' reverbs that work well on slower computers:
Here is a comparison between a completely dry vocal phrase (with no reverb) and the same phrase with convolution reverb applied to it:
Here's the same phrase with reverb (wet):
Dynamic performance with Expert Mode
Expert mode lets you dynamically add, remove and stack (layer) multiple instruments, loops and phrases as you play them from your MIDI controller. Bring instruments in and out, on the fly, using key switches, velocity ranges or note ranges. You can even crossfade between instruments by sending continuous MIDI data (expression controllers) from a mod wheel or other device. Ethno Instrument truly is a powerful real-time performance tool that delivers an entire world of sounds to your fingertips.
Watch Jordan Rudess play amazing performances in many different musical styles with Expert Mode.
Realistic expression with MIDI controllers
Achieve incredibly realistic, dynamic performances from Ethno Instrument using MIDI continuous controller data from your mod wheel, foot pedal, automated fader control surface or other MIDI control source. Most of Ethno Instrument's parameters can be mapped to external control, giving you hands-on, real-time expressive control over your sounds. You can even assign MIDI modulation to crucial individual parameters such as filter cutoff frequency for even deeper expressiveness.
Scroll Wheel Support
For additional convenience and fast operation, Ethno Instrument supports the scroll wheel on your mouse. Use it to quickly adjust settings or choose an instrument.
- Instant access to 21 GB of world instrument sounds, loops and phrases together in one window.
- Browse sounds by category or by region of the world.
- Search for presets directly in the browser by typing any name or keyword text.
- Create layered stacks in seconds.
- Tempo-sync features let you browse & play loops in tempo with your music.
- Sliced loops let you rearrange beats or play them via your MIDI controller.
- Drag & drop audio phrases and loops directly into your host software, tempo-locked to your project time line.
- Unique "Slice" button instantly divides loop into slices that you can play individually from your MIDI keyboard, drum pad or other MIDI controller.
- Drag & drop sliced loops as MIDI data into MIDI tracks in your host software for unlimited reprogramming using the MIDI sequencing features of your host software.
- Very high-quality loop and phrase time-stretching, even at extremely slow or fast tempos, with technology licensed from the IRCAM Institute for audio research in Paris.
- Convolution reverb provides authentic acoustic spaces, from natural settings like caves and forests to spacious concert halls and soaring cathedrals.
- Apply microtonal tuning and scales from around the globe to any Ethno instrument sound.
- Download and import free Scala-format microtuning files from the internet, or create your own microtuning scales.
- Advanced programming for live performance, including key switching, velocity crossfades and zone splits.
- Many keyswitch presets for expressive performance of many instruments.
- Supports unlimited parts and up to 64 MIDI channels (stand-alone or with supporting hosts).
- Unlimited polyphony and ultra-low software latency.
- Submix to 17 stereo output pairs.
- VST (Mac & PC)
- AAX (Mac & PC)
- RTAS (Mac & PC)
- Audio Units
- Disk streaming (per part) conserves RAM resources and quickens load times.
- Supports all major Mac/PC plug-in formats. Stand-alone version included.
- Superb sound quality with the 32-bit UVI Engine XT – acclaimed worldwide for its lush and powerful sound.
- Fast operation – instant access to all parameters in one window.
- Multitimbral – create stacks and layers in seconds.
- Expert mode – add, remove and layer instruments on the fly, as you play.
- Individual controls for each instrument, loop and phrase, including ADSR envelope, LFO (for vibrato, tremolo, etc.), tone controls, tuning and velocity response.
- Multis - create, save, load and share entire ensembles of any size and scope.
- Version 1 compatibility ensures that if you upgrade to Version 2, all of your Version 1 compositions remain in tact.