The hybrid algorithm at the heart of Spacerek fuses modelled virtual spaces to a dynamic delay network, generating reverb tails with supremely realistic early reflections, dense, colourful late reflections, and separately adjustable ER and LR pre-delay times. Dozens of emulated room types take in halls, towers, chambers, tunnels and much more, and each one integrates a variety of preset stereo microphone and speaker setups.
Spacerek also makes balancing the Direct signal, Early reflections and Late reflections easy with its three-channel mixer; while the highly musical Tilt EQ and Low Cut filter modules provide effortless shaping of the overall tail. And as each Reverb Model is pre-configured for left-right or mid-side stereo operation, tweaking width and spatialisation is a snap.
Spacerek doesn’t put the squeeze on your system, either – indeed, when you hear it, you can’t fail to be impressed by its CPU-friendliness (compared with typical audio simulation techniques).
The Virtual Space Reverb
Spacerek’s early reflections are generated by our proprietary Virtual Space Reverb engine, which simulates a diverse array of real-world spaces with painstaking accuracy. Each Reverb Model defines not only the acoustic properties of the space it represents, but also the positioning of the stereo speakers and microphones used to send the source signal through that space, for even greater environmental realism and versatility.
Hybrid algorithm for quality and performance
The late reflections are built up by a responsive dynamic delay network, which blends seamlessly with the Virtual Space Reverb’s early reflections to create an incredibly natural sounding reverb tail. Independent Early and Late reflection Pre-Delay controls allow up to 1 second of start time offset to be applied to each, adjustable in nanoseconds, microseconds and milliseconds. And despite the quality and complexity of the acoustic modelling involved, Spacerek’s innovative, optimised hybrid design keeps CPU usage lower than you might expect.
114 stunning Reverb Models
Spacerek’s expansive roster of modelled rooms lets you summon up vivid virtual stages of many kinds – from booths, chambers and halls to tunnels, chapels and towers – and switch between them at a click. Each room takes in multiple microphone and speaker configurations, too, for a total of 114 different Reverb Models, covering all your mixing and sound design bases.
Spacerek’s three component signals – Direct, Early reflections and Late reflections – come together in a straightforward mixer. Quickly and easily set levels and stereo positioning, the latter in left-right or mid-side mode, depending on the selected Reverb Model.
Tilt EQ and Low Cut filter
Two stages of musical frequency shaping enable tonal customistation of the tail, for applying those crucial finishing touches to your reverb. The Tilt EQ provides instant boosting of lows or highs, while the Low Cut filter is ideal for clearing mud and rumble out of the mid and/or side signals.
- Hybrid room reverb algorithm, combining Virtual Space Reverb simulation for Early reflections and a Dynamic Delay Network for Late reflections
- 114 Reverb Models, taking in dozens of room types, each with multiple mic and speaker setups
- Direct signal / Early reflections / Late reflections mixer
- Volume control for each channel
- Balance control for each channel, with L-R or M-S stereo mode determined by the Reverb Model
- Independent Pre-delay controls for Early and Late reflections
- Tilt EQ
- Low Cut filter, independently activated for Mid and/or Side stereo components
- 64-bit internal processing
- Tag-based preset browser
- Resizable GUI
- MIDI Learn for easy controller assignment
Software and hardware requirements of the product
- OS version
- Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- 3.2 GHz SSE (Multicore 4.0 GHz recommended)
- 8 GB (16 GB Recommended)
- VST2 / AAX compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X
- OS version
- OS X 10.7 to OS X 11
- Intel based 2.8 GHz (i7 based 3.4 GHz recommended)
- 8 GB (16 GB Recommended)
- AU / VST2 / AAX compatible host application (64bit only!)