Phoscyon offers unmatched fidelity partnered with advanced features such as:
- Distortion unit; fully user configurable, and beat-synced for harmonic ecstasy.
- Arpeggiator and Randomizer; a unique Play Live mode; vintage GUI arrangement and pattern builder, full MIDI CC support and, to top it all off.
- The most authentic 18db/oct low pass filter ever created*!
*Don't take our word for it, grab a demo and sweep that EQ!
Phoscyon offers an unmatched sound together with advanced features such as a state of the art Distortion unit
; fully user configurable BPM sync'd Arpeggiator
; a unique Play Live
mode; vintage arrangement and pattern builder, full MIDI CC support and, to top it off, the most authentic 18db/oct
low pass filter ever created! Diehard fans of the original Bass Line will be blown away with Phoscyon’s uncanny emulation of the classic, but will also marvel at the ease with which new sounds can be crafted; sounds which were not possible on the original. Phoscyon gives you access authentic vintage sounds at a fraction of the cost of the real thing. With the familiar Bass Line interface coupled with the added sound generation tools, we at D16 Group feel that Phoscyon is quite simply in a class of its own.
Phoscyon's designers are also musicians who believe that in order for electronic music to stay relevant, it needs to evolve – just like any other genre. Our approach is to give forward thinking musicians and producers the tools they need to craft the sounds they want. Whether it’s Techno, Acid, Triphop, IDM, D&B, Ambient, or any other kind of genre-bending music, Phoscyon will take your sound further. Please visit our online shop to start making new music now with Phoscyon!
Phoscyon is a vintage analog-modeled Bassline synthesizer with our unique low pass filter: an 18db/oct dumping and constant resonance amplitude throughout the entire frequency domain. The filter sounds phenomenal! One squelch of this sucker and you’ll swear its analog! We’ve also equipped it with a fully customizable, integrated arpeggiator (a must in EDM) as well as a crucial distortion effect, exhaustively modeled for those screaming acid bass lines! Check the media section for some audio samples, or better yet immerse yourself with a demo!
- 2 authentically emulated analog oscillators (saw/square)
- Screaming 18db/oct low pass filter with absolutely no self oscillation
- Filters equipped with transistor amplitude clipping
- Perfectly scaled knob ranges
- Additional synthesis controls expand the synthesizer's range
- Internal sequencer
- 96 patterns
- Each pattern up to 16 steps of length
- Shuffle mode
- Chain mode
- Shuffle (swing) and tempo values defined per pattern
- Patterns import/export via human readable xml files
- Two sync modes
- Precise sync via host
- Internal clock sync - tempo controlled in the range of 30-300 BPM (+-0.1)
- Built-in arpeggiator
- 7 predefined chords and 1 user definable chord
- Tempo multiplier (1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 6) and repeat features
- 4 arpeggiation patterns (Up, Down, Up-Down, Random)
- Defined octave offsets
- Built-in distortion effect (equivalent to a transistor amp with EQ)
- Tweaked & Tailored for that ‘Acid Bassline’ sound!
- Flexible signal routing (Pre ⇔ Post EQ)
- Two Ways to trigger notes
- External mode (DAW triggers sounds)
- Internal sequencer (pattern mode)
- Powerful randomizer
- Generates patterns from user-defined range of notes, user-defined chords or predefined chords (Major, Minor, 7th, m7th, M7, m7-5, DIM)
- Generates random values for Note, Gate, Accent, and Slide attributes
- User-defined Chance / Occurence
- Fully controllable via MidiCC
Software and hardware requirements of the product
The product isn't yet compatible with macOS 11 (Big Sur)
for more information please read this FAQ entry
- OS version
- Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- 1.5 GHz SSE (Multicore 2.0 GHz recommended)
- 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- VST2 compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)
Mac OS X
- OS version
- OS X 10.7 to OS X 10.15
- Intel based 1.5 GHz (2.0 GHz recommended)
- 4 GB (8 GB Recommended)
- AU / VST2 compatible host application (32bit or 64bit)